Home

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Lame Tell You About My Favorite...

New Dress!


Both my sweater and my dress, worn as a skirt,
were purchased at F21 on State Street in Chicago.
I had been trying to thrift a lame maxi skirt for 
a couple of month now. I wanted to purchase vintage
but couldn't find one, so when we walked by F21
and I saw this "skirt" in the window I quickly veered
into the store to take a closer look. 

To my delight
I discovered that it wasn't a skirt but actually a 
spaghetti strapped dress with the vintage vibe
I was looking for. 



I had to giggle with glee when I tried it on and
sashed out of the dressing room. I just felt amazing
and I must have looked it because a group of friends
who were all trying on items and showing them to 
each other stopped, stared, and than 
said that I looked amazing and that I had to buy that dress!

Oh, the kindness of strangers:)


I fell in love with the weight and feel of the material.
It seriously feels silky with an amazing metallic sheen to it.

Since it is NOT bare shoulder weather...
I decided to pair it with a metallic threaded top, sequin flats
(although I wanted to pair it with silver ballet flats and couldn't find them), and
my DIY necklace that I made this summer.

This was a super comfortable outfit to wear and I cannot
wait to wear my dress again. I will most likely, pair it with
a different top though. I am not loving the line of this top with
such a flowy bottom. I have an undefined waist and need a
bit more definition than it is giving me in these pictures.

That is why I LOVE blogging though... 
I can see what isn't working for me 
and fix it the next time around 
instead of walking around only looking so, so, 
I have the ability to look fabulous. 

---------------------------------------------------------

P.S. 
Taking picture in Michigan in November stinks!
(I actually had to use my car's headlights to light these pics!)
The lighting is horrible and it is dark by 4:30pm.
I am going to just apologize now because, until
Spring, things are not going to be looking exactly
perfect around OAGJ!




Enjoy!

XOXO,

Julie
________________________________________
SALE!!!
Shabby Apple
November 15th
25% Off Cider Dress=Use Code 'Day4'

Cider Dress:
Close this window