Home

Monday, July 18, 2011

Inspiration Monday: America-na Moment



When: Monday, July 18

Since this week's Inspiration Monday at Two Birds picture was America Ferrera
 I wanted to play off of her name and pick a location for the pictures that 
paid homage to something Americana. 
What better then a recently harvested summer wheat field?!
I love the beautiful golden color of the field against the orange of my outfit.
Although, I have to say that this seems to SCREAM ORANGESICLE!


I love this straw bag and am really happy that I decided to tie the cobalt scarf to the handle since it breaks up the color scheme a little bit. 
I should have taken a shot of the scarf. 
It has tiny silhouettes of birds in white all over it. 


I didn't have the ring on last week that matches my crocheted necklace my friend Staci made but here it is. 
I love the blue bead with the copper.
I would also like to point out that this is the only moment in time that my nails looked this nice.
As soon as I picked something up they chipped.
I love this read color but the brand of nail polish is awful!
I have to constantly reapply the polish during the day 
and honestly with two kids I really don't have time for that!
I guess that is what I get for using cheap nail polish.
Lesson has been learned: You get what you pay for.

Another lovely crocheted ring via my dear friend. 
Such a pretty little piece.

Enjoy!

XOXO,

Julie

Who:

Skirt, Belt, Bag: Thrifted (Goodwill)
Rings: Handmade, My Friend Staci
Shirt: NY&Co (Clearance)
Sandals: Franco Sarto (Marshall's)
Scarf and Earrings: H&M (2011)