Home

Monday, June 27, 2011

Vacation Post: Candy Apple Red Heels


When: Thursday, June 9


I borrowed this skirt from my sister. It has pockets! I love pockets! I have been having such a terrific time mixing prints with prints and stripes. I am so glad that I challenged myself to literally mix things up by incorporating it into my wardrobe.

I purchased these heels a couple of years ago but haven't worn them very many times. They are candy apple red. My mother-in-law actually discovered them while we were on vacation and had me try them on. I fell in love immediately. So if I love them so much why don't I wear them more? Honestly, they kill my feet! I have to plan it out when I wear them to be able to sit down for stretches of time so I can walk when I have to get to my car at the end of a long teaching day. It is worth it though because they are fabulous!


I cannot believe I ever avoided stripes. I love the sporty look of stripes now especially this shirt with it's lovely bow accent.  I hope that all of you are having a wonderful week!


Enjoy!

XOXO,

Julie

Who:
Skirt: Merona (Target, Borrowed From My Sister)
Shirt: (Marshall's, $10, 2011)
Heels: (Ross Dress For Less, $10, 2008)
Ring: (Walmart, $3, 2010)