Home

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Inspiration Monday: Striped Out On


          


When: Monday, May 2
I had planned to have this ready to go yesterday, but couldn't coordinate things to make it happen. So here goes for Tuesday. The inspiration for Two Bird's Inspiration Monday was an image of Katie Holmes. As you can see she is wearing high waisted pants. I HATE high waisted pants. I don't think this is fashion trend that suits my figure at all. I am envious of ladies who can pull this look off with success and ease, but, alas, I am not one of them.


I do like the wide legs and the 70's vibe of the look ,but didn't want to run out and purchase a pair of jeans that I may or may not wear again so into the closet jungle I went. My choices were the pair of pants that I am wearing or a high waisted skirt. I actually like the skirt quite a lot but it is cold here and Katie was wearing pants so the pants it was.


I have owned these pants for a very long time. They have been altered and re-altered as the styles have changed. I will admit that in these particular pictures I am not liking how they look. I am going to post a few other pictures of different times that I wore them and I think they actually look better. I think the problem with this outfit is that the pants have a really wide leg that I like to call stove pipes. There isn't anything universally flattering about wearing something so billowy with a billowy cardigan and flats. If I were to restyle this outfit I would wear heels and something more fitted on the top to show off my curves. I added the belt to help with this and I like how it looks. It is one of my favorites:) 

I chose the cardigan because Katie was wearing a cardigan in the inspiration picture, but Katie is also a waif and I like my curves. She can get away with looking billowy, where as I like to accent the positive and draw attention away from extra billow. I guess this would be the root of why I wear skinny pants so much. Well another epiphany moment for me...
Enjoy!

XOXO,

J

Who:Cardigan: Morona (Target, 2008)
T-shirt: J Crew (Outlet, 2009)
Pants: Mossimo (Target, 1998)
Shoes: American Eagle (Payless, 2009)
Belt: Mossimo (Target, 2010)
Scarf: Paris Street Vendor (2005)