Home

Monday, June 13, 2011

Outfit 1 of 30 Remix: Sniff, Sniff, Mmm Doughnuts


When: Wednesday, June 8
(Remix: Outfit 1)


I cannot believe, after looking at these pictures, that I ever thought of returning this skirt to H&M. I LOVE IT. First of all, it was super comfortable to wear. Secondly, it is a little swingy so when I walked it moved really freely. Thirdly, the color is amazing.


I have been trying to determine what items I would be including in my 30 for 30 remix that Kendi is hosting. I now can guarantee that these two items will be making their appearance so I am going to count them as Outfit 1. I am following this remix in outfits and not days. This is going to be easier for me since I am not working during the time that the remix is going on. I will have more time to really remix my items for the fullest effect so I am actually not going to choose a concrete 30 items. I am instead going to figure out how to take a set number of bottoms (3 shorts, 3 skirts, and 3 dresses) and make as many different outfits with the tops that I have for summer. This is going to be more time consuming, but I think over all it will be the most bang for the time that I have.

It was over 100 degrees on last Wednesday, but I was calm, cool, and collected in this combo. The sandals were a bonus as well with their strappy design. My new favorite shoe color is nude since I can literally wear it with everything in my closet. I am not sure why I haven't purchased shoes in this color before now. They are so versatile.


I decided to add a scarf as a belt because I wanted to tie together the skirt and the shirt. I love how it looks in these images. The slightly tribal vibe also is so very summer fun.


Finally, if you are wondering about the post title, I took these pictures in an alley behind out local bakery Benny's. There are not very many strong scents that I would like to be smelling in 100 degree heat but doughnuts are not one of them. I LOVE DOUGHNUTS! I am picky though and will only eat them in the morning. It is an unusual day for me a consume a doughnut at any other time of day unless I was pregnant of course than anytime of day or night you could find me eating doughnuts. While I was taking my pictures the smell of baking doughnuts was wafting out into the alley. It was simply DEVINNE! Oh, my doughnuts how I love you!

Enjoy!

XOXO,

Julie

Who:

Shirt: (TJ Maxx, Clearance, 2010)
Skirt: H&M (Purchased with a gift certificate from my In Law's, 2011)
Sandals: (Marshall's, 2011)
Belt (Scarf): NY&Co (2009)