Home

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Bloggers Do It Better: Move Over Blair Waldorf There's A New Queen Bee In Town


When: Wednesday, May 18



I am a closet Gossip Girl fan. Although it probably doesn't come as a huge surprise since the clothes on the show are so very fabulous! I would love to just wander around the wardrobe department with free reign to try on anything that I wanted to until my hearts content. When this weeks challenge for Bloggers Do It Better by Kristina of Pretty Shiny Sparkly was announced and it was masculine preppy wear I immediately thought of Gossip Girl and their lovely prep school uniforms. I am not a real preppy person, although at one time I could have been given that label. I usually tend to be attracted to clothes with a more modern edge to them so I was pleasantly surprised when I was able to easily put together an outfit that not only fit the requirements, but also an outfit that I really loved. In fact I was so inspired by the theme that I even stayed in the preppy state of mind with Thursday outfit as well! I will post those pictures tomorrow.
Enjoy!

XOXO,

Julie


Who:
White Shirt: Eddie Bauer (Gift From In Laws)
Coat: H&M (2011)
Skirt: Borrowed From My Sister
Shoes: Clarks (Goodwill, $3.75, 2011)
Tie: Borrowed From My Husband